Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Extragalactic Jets


The reading of El Canto del Viento contained attributes of a cyclical life, as Athahualpa's speaks of the life and death and life again with the Zamba and songs of Tucuman. I thought of a black hole, as a black hole is a symbol of life and death and life again. It swallows everything in its path including light, however, it expels extragalactic jets that create new planets and galaxies. I compared myself to a black hole in the sense I'm taking in experiences and information of all kinds, and I have my own extragalactic jet that expels my experiences to other people forming new relationships and touching other things to question and to learn.

1 comment:

  1. Tim--I want to correct myself. It's very nice to see these images posted--and the way you make sense of the project. My comment was about openness of handling--that is, encouraging to use meia and materials that are more expressive in how they depend on a sense of touch. That's why I like "autographic" more than "conceptual" work. However, where you took your reading this week--in terms of the project--is very Tim--and that's good in itself.

    ReplyDelete